Sunday, December 30, 2007

Northern Light S in Iceland

In my capacity as Director of Operations of the United Kingdom for One World Tours Limited, every time we add a new destination, the questions come flooding in. Having recently returned from Iceland people wanted to know about my experience ' aurora borealis, so it is here ... I am not really a person, and in general, people are opting for private visits if I can go out with her. With customers in mind, I like to experience the kind of things they experience when on vacation, and not just a group that visit is much more economical, especially in Iceland.Ia took a tour of Iceland for the winter months in order to be able to see the aurora are beautiful and other things that can not be observed in the latter part of the year. Sure, the weather is very unpredictable at this time of year and the chances of getting a clear sky for a long period of time is one thing to be taken into consideration at an evening such as this. One thing is certain and that is there is never a certainty that the trip will take place. If time is not appropriate then tour company will ring your hotel to let you know that the trip is off, offering a tour of the next evening or an entire night refund.The I had the hope of see the lights is very unpredictable and I expect to receive a call to say the trip would be cancelled. To my surprise I learned that I would be picked up from my hotel at 8:30, and so began my adventure. I was picked up near my hotel at 8.45pm and transported to the bus that would be my refuge from the biting cold wind, rain and snow blizzards for the next few hours. Once the bus was filled we have been driven away from the lights of Reykjavik deep into the Icelandic landscape. At various intervals the tour guide came out of the bus to check the conditions and I started to think that the short video about the Northern Lights, we had all been shown was the closest I was going to get to the see. For security reasons, we had to find a place to park buses in the dark, so that we can all get off without embarking on an appeal over.Acting headquarters forecasting clear skies every fifty passengers is descended from the bus and slid their way stood in setting icy to get a good view of the Aurora Borealis in the sky clear starlight. As I looked up all I could see was clouds making their way towards us at an astonishing rate. We were informed that judgement would be no more than 30 minutes and then we would be moving. The clouds were on us before the 30 minutes was up all that we have returned to the bus under the instruction guides as he had it on good authority that he could locate the lights. We pushed farther when the guide pointed out that the driver, he was able to see what begins to erupt before us. Once again, he descended from the bus to check the conditions and we rode a little farther in order to park safely unload the 50 future visitors. So we all got out again and gave us the guide to what he believed to be the beginning of a burst. The area not light up with the aurora borealis, but with about 40 camera flashes to what looked like a cloud hanging over me. Hey, I am not an expert and I was sure that the guide knew what he was talking about, and in order not to ridicule my research colleagues, I watched the light of the "thing" in the distance. Well, I was right after all, it was just a cloud, and it is back on the bus again.By Now I abandoned any hope of seeing all other than fireworks and car headlights were decided to stay on the bus for the next 3 landing. From my window I could see that the snow had hit, and he slipped out of it. At 11.30 the driver and the guide finally admitted defeat and began the long journey back to Reykjavik, and I must admit that I do feel sorry for them because they had tried very hard to show us something . The guide had mumbled through his microphone that these things were used to occur and that, of course, it was beyond his control.I could see the lights of Reykjavik imminent in the distance and my hope of see the Northern lights disappear into the night bitter. "Stop" said the guide for the driver, "something is about to happen!" Of course it is, I think feeling cold and tired, talk about the boy who cried wolf. I just want to go back to my hotel. The bus emptied quickly once more with the people who were determined to see something like I stubbornly stayed at my place. "Come on," said the driver motioning for me. But I wanted my warm nice place. As I glanced at all the other "idiots" standing in the cold, I saw the familiar waves of sound flares that looked as if they were directly above our bus. I got off the bus and was treated to a fantastic display of the most beautiful light I had ever seen. At just after midnight, I was in my mid snowy watch this natural phenomenon, and I was grateful for the persistence of tourist guides. Suddenly, our extensive research have been rewarded and I returned to England feel honoured to have seen another kind? S wonderful gifts.
auto purchase

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home